Sunday, March 7, 2010

Helping a Single Mom Move

It is amazing what we can do when we work together. We are working toward helping a moms whose kids go to school with one of our moms. She will be living a couple of houses down from her so will be in continued relationship with her. Here is the update:

We have found a double bed with trundle for $399. It was ordered today and shipped to Amy's house.

We have donated:

Table and chairs
Floor Lamp
Place settings for four
Some clothing (size 7/8 boy, size 4 girl)
Two pillows
Pots and pans
$50 toward the bed

We still need bedding for a double and a twin bed (sheets, 1 pillow, comforters, etc.), a double and a twin mattress, large throw pillows to make the bed a daybed/couch (REMEMBER, this is a small studio).


2 comments:

  1. Do you still need bedding for a double bed? I have a brand new set of sheets with matching comforter cover and pillow sham if you do. It is kind of navy blue and green striped. If you want/need them, I can bring them to the picnic on Saturday. You can e-mail me at kinziherron(at)hotmail(dot)com to let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to get involved with your group, but I wasn't sure if there was any upcoming events that you might need help with or any other things you need for donations. Please feel free to contact me at saintemma2@hotmail.com.
    Thanks,
    Corrine

    ReplyDelete

... Welcome Back!

A note from Amy Palmerton I am a bit overcome as I write this. I am so deeply grateful today for the connections I have made recently with ...